Position – Engineer – Fluid Control (Pune/Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering competitive Project specific techno-commercial bids and clean handover for execution in collaboration with stakeholders, that primarily include global Projects Applications & Sales, Engineering, Fluid control CoEs, Global Engineering, operations etc
Mechanical Seal Support Systems for Pump Seals Systems for Oil & Gas, Gas Compression, Power Generation and other process industries application.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret and analyse project specifications (Specification Review)
- Maintain Quote and utilization Log / Tracker
- Component Standardization / Supplier & Cost Database.
- Application Engineering – Product Selection /Sizing
Techno-Commercial offer Preparation
- P&ID, instrument hook up diagram, control narrative and logical diagrams
- Technical proposal
- Comments & Exceptions /Clarification List
- Technical clarification and alignment documents.
- System Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation for inquiry
- Contacting Suppliers and reviewing their quote for technical and commercial alignment
- Support Procurement team for Bid Evaluation process and approve technical offers.
- Clear Input of all Data’s Required for Design Team to prepare GAD and Manufacturing Drawings
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC /OEM.
- Review purchase order and order handover documents
- Conduct Project Hand over meetings with clean order to order execution Teams
- Attend kick-off meetings with Contracts and Engineering teams
- Providing Support on Techno commercial clarifications for Contract Department
- Should actively contribute to performance and Continuous improvements
- Support VAVE (Value Analysis and Value Engineering), NPD (New Product Development) & R&D team as needed
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation engineering or equivalent from reputed university with 4 years of relevant industrial experience.
Professional and specialist skills
- Good analytical skills and technical background
- Capable of defining and meeting realistic timelines
- Customer service and business oriented
- Target and results driven
- Self-Motivated and quick learner
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong application and detailed engineering knowledge of mechanical seal support systems (API –Piping Plans) or similar fluid control systems products(like Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems or Filtration units etc,) for applications in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries
- Hands on experience in selection of Pressure, Level & Temperature instruments and preparation of Instrument specifications are essential
- Knowledge of Electrical Enclosures for Hazardous Area Classification and Mechanical Protection requirements are preferable
- Thorough knowledge in interpretation and compliance of project specification from OEM, EPC and End user will be added advantage
- Work experience in Pumps and Compressors skids engineering at OEM is valued.
- Working knowledge with API 682, API 610, API 614, ASME / ANSI Piping and pressure vessels standards are preferable.
- Functional experience in basic CAD tools is expected
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.