Position – Engineer-System Design (Pune/Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra / Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering designs and associated purchase specifications for a wide range of Engineered-to-order Wet Seal Systems for Global Strategic Oil and Gas projects collaborating with stakeholders, that primarily include global Projects Applications & Sales support, Fluid Control Bidding, Fluid control CoEs, Global Engineering, Global operations, etc.
Mechanical Seal Support Systems for Pump Seals Systems for Oil & Gas, Gas Compression, Power Generation, and other process industries application.
Duties & Responsibilities
Engineer-System Design: Responsibilities and expectations include:
- To review, interpret, and establish project requirements & deliverables on order receipt for API 682 auxiliary sealant systems and its auxiliary units.
- To design and release large varieties of Engineered-to-Order wet seal system General Arrangement Drawings (GAs’) in line with project specifications using Solid Edge and other engineering management tools.
- Sizing of selected products, auxiliary piping, valves, and instruments for various applications
- Perform pressure vessel (medium to high pressures) calculations using engineering tools/software
- Creating Bill of Material on SAP and managing drawings in Team Center
- Preparing instrument hook-up drawings, Instrument IO list, Utility list, and datasheet per industry formats.
- To consistently maintain a high standard of work output (100% error-free documents) and delivery schedules.
- Manage the customer comments and engineering changes in a timely manner
- Must own compliance with department processes, procedures, and design standards
- Should actively contribute to and promote continuous improvement.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and ensure agreed Corrective Actions are implemented consistently (8D / RCA / GCN process)
- To provide technical support during the bidding phase when required
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Graduate Engineer or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/instrumentation/ Industrial Production)
Industrial Experience: Typically, 2 to 5 years of experience in various Process industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical industries, etc., or in industries supplying equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Seals, or associated auxiliary equipment to such process industries
Functional Experience: Working experience in Design, Selection, sizing, and engineered-to-order products such as Seal Support Systems, Lube oil systems, or similar.
- Strong hands-on skills with 3D Assembly / 3D Part modelling / 2D Draft environments, preferably in Solid edge
- Strong knowledge of P&ID and exposure to required ASTM/ASME codes
- Application knowledge with auxiliary piping systems like pump seal systems or Lube oil Consoles Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems, Filtration units, etc.
- Should be committed to very high levels of customer service and collaborate with various inter departments
- Should have good written and spoken skills in English and Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience in the selection and release of purchase specifications (Datasheets) of field measurement instruments like Pressure, Level & Temperature gauges, transmitter,s, etc. is preferred
- Supervisory or Co-ordination experience with fabricators of Lube oil systems or Filtration or other similar low- and high-pressure Equipment would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about API 614 and API 610 will be an added advantage
- Experience in the above from Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, and Chemical industries is preferred
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with curious minds, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.