Position – Design Engineer – Gas Seal Support Systems (Pune)
This position will report to Team Leader/Sr. Engineer of the Filtration Systems. The primary focus of this position is Engineering standardization, CAD automation, and Engineering tools. In addition to the standardization, supporting Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering Drawings, Bill of Materials, Engineering calculations, manufacturing and procurement specifications and datasheets.
- Dry Gas Seal Support Systems. – Oil & Gas Filters for Turbo Machineries in Gas Compression, Power Generation and other process industries application.
- Lube oil systems, Fuel Gas conditioning systems, Seal gas conditioning systems.
- CAD Automation in Solidedge using Rulestream.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Standardization of System Layout / Engineering BOM & GPN
- Standard Parts & Sub Assembly Modular Design standardization
- 3D Part Model & Product Assembly / Configuration by CAD – Automation using Solid Edge – Rule stream is mandatory.
- General Arrangement of standalone Filtration Equipment, Complex system such as Lube oil Skid, Fuel and Seal gas conditioning skids/ panels.
- Detailed component drawings, piping isometric drawings, structural drawings using Solidedge 3D model.
- Material take-off and consolidation of raw materials.
- Detailed BOM including piping and structural.
- Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation,
- Issue complete manufacturing drawing package for manufacturing plant.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years relevant Industrial experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 6 years relevant industrial experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in detailed design & drafting in Pressure Vessels / Filters/ Piping / Seal support systems or similar fluid control systems products or Complex Machineries or process equipments.
- Hands on experience of using Solid Edge CAD software. Solid Edge-CAD package customization & library creation for 3D part, sub-assemblies & main assemblies.
- Strong hands on skills in Solid Edge 3D/2D. Experience with CAD Automation programming. Solid Edge and Rule stream experience is mandatory.
- Work experience in Solid Edge 3D CAD automation project in Engineering service companies and sound CAD programming skills will be added advantage.
- Passion for creative design, aesthetic engineering and ability to generate complex 3D CAD models and CAD customization skills will be given preferences.
- Should have very good application knowledge of Fits and Tolerances and GD&T in Design of precision assemblies.
About Smiths Group
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions impact lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.