Position – Lead Piping
Company – Jacobs
Location – Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.About the opportunityIn our Advanced Facilities work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive sustainable & effective solution to globe. Bring your expertise, collaborative spirit to team and we will help you to grow, pursue & fulfill what drives you.
- Leading the entire Piping Engineering activities to carry out Piping design work based on standard company procedure / other procedures, methods outlined.
- Timely completion of designs, requisitions and engineering deliverables.
- Technical guidance to Piping Engineers and Designers to carry out piping design work as per the requirements of the Project.
- Adherence to Dept./Discipline Working Instructions and Quality Systems.
- Overview of work progress and work-hour usage.
- Working within company budgets
- Meet client expectations and maintain long-term relationship with client. Attend to client’s feedback and any complaints
- Preparation of Basis of Design
- Preparation of design calculations and Piping Material Specifications
- Guiding a team of designers in 3D piping engineering, review of 3D model and review of layouts / Isometrics / MTOs / Support sketches extracted from the model
- Procurement activity for piping items covering preparation of enquiry specification, review of quotes and preparation of TR, preparation of order specifications
- Review of vendor drawings, review of piping content for mechanical packages.
- Participate in discussions with the client, as necessary.
- Monitor that work and progress are in compliance with the project requirements and schedule.
- Maintain contact with other disciplines/groups to ensure:
- Project Manager and/or Engineer are aware of problems of progress delays.
- Proper interchange of information.
- Proper interchange of documents
- Interface is correctly defined.
- Ensure that site problems viz. Technical Queries and Non-conformity Notices are dealt with effectively and expeditiously and also ensure competent staffs are available for site trouble shooting as necessary.
- Attend Design Engineering Management Review Meetings.
- Visiting sites for residual engineering / resolving site queries
- Coordination with various stake holders like Client / various internal disciplines like projects / electrical / mechanical / architect / civil / vendors for effective engineering management
- Training of engineers
- Preparation of Piping engineering effort estimation and participate in technical sales
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- BE Mechanical with12 to 15 Yrs out of which at least 5 years should have worked as Lead Piping Engineer in Chemicals / specialty chemicals / Fertilizers / Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals projects. Should have lead piping team in atleast one job of
- 10000 P&ID lines, preferably using Smart Plant 3D.
- Should have experience in multi office execution for Global projects.
- Knowledge of piping codes and standards for chemicals plants.
- Knowledge of Indian Statutory requirements and documentation requirements for various approval for consent to establish / concentrate to operate.
- Knowledge of 3D engineering, proficiency in review of 3 D models using Navis work and Smart Plant is mandatory
- Basic knowledge of materials and stress is mandatory.
- Knowledge of integrated 3D Engineering using Smart Plant suite is added advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company..
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.