Position – Design Engineer
Company – Jabil
Location – Ranjangaon, Maharashtra, IN
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Design Engineer I is an entry level engineering position. In this position you are expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment.
Design Engineer (Electrical)
Using established procedures is responsible for analysis, design and development of basic electrical systems circuitry, library development, PDM entries, component engineering, documentation and verification plan execution.
Design Engineer (Software)
Design, development, debug and test of software and/or firmware on hardware platforms that utilize one or more of the following: operating system (OS), real-time operating system (RTOS), or embedded code.
Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Using established procedures is responsible for design and development of new Mechanical Design of simple components, assembly drawing developments, PDM entries and verification plan execution.
Design Engineer (DFX)
Responsible for design evaluation to determine options for optimization, assess impact to design cost, assembly methods or times. Must be knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and equipment for given manufacturing area.
Must be able to assess electrical and electro-mechanical components and BOMs for supply chain overall risk, adherence to corporate strategy, cost, and risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- (Electrical & Mech) Familiar with the basic use of at least one CAD design tool.
- (Electrical & Mech) At the appropriate process phase gates, will create and enter a complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
- (Software / Firmware) Competent in at least one high-level programming language & compiler and familiar with the use of In-circuit emulators.
- (ALL) Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Familiar with the use of lab equipment and tools for taking measurements and executing verification test plans.
- Be responsible for directing the Technicians on their assigned projects.
- Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Be responsible for directing the Design Technicians on their assigned projects.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.