Ingersoll Rand is hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Position: Design Engineer
Reporting: Engineering Manager
Nature of work: Individual contributor
Purpose: Support Ingersoll Rand Product Development with Design and Engineering activities as directed by the Regional Product team.
- Liaise directly with the engineering team in a global location and conduct System Level Design delivery tasks as warranted by the Project objectives.
- Understand the project requirement of the global team and execute with the highest level of quality standards.
- Create 3D design, 2D drawings, and technical documentation for Ingersoll Rand and Industry standards for new and modification designs, including pumps, systems, and control units.
- Core support on New product development & lifecycle engineering like ECR & ECN.
- Apply tools such as DFMEA; Root Cause Analysis; DFMA
- Develop (presentation/status) material in support of Design Reviews and Gateway Events attended by Senior members of the Ingersoll Rand Organisation
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing and Assembly methods.
- Competent with Industry recognized parametric CAD systems (Autodesk Inventor, CREO)
- Experience with geometrical dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) and identification of critical characteristics.
- Managing projects with good project management skills.
- Experience with design-to-cost
- Experience in complex casting, machining models, and drawings
- Ability to work with multi-locational teams
- Experience in vault and Windchill would be an advantage.
- Has Engineering Verification processes and methodologies.
- Strong creative problem-solving mindset.
- Understanding of material properties and their application to product design and function
- A clear grasp of verbal and written English. Language skills in any other European language are a plus.
- Proactive, self-motivating with the ability to develop own priorities
- Conversant with Microsoft tools – Word; Excel; PPT; MSP
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor / Masters in mechanical engineering or equivalent field of study
- Minimum 3-5 years experience after graduation
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE: IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers, and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity, and efficiency.