Position – Engineer II
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Posting Address – Hubbell India Electrical Products LLP133, Developed Plots,Electrical & Electronics Industrial Estates,Perungudi, Chennai-600096 Tamil Nadu, India
We are looking for a suitable candidate experienced in Certification and Product qualification of Harsh and Hazardous area Electrical products for Oil & Gas market predominantly and support our Global operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Global support to Hubbell Group’s Harsh and Hazardous divisions certification processing.
- Responsible to understand the certification needs as per ATEX, IECEx, NEC, CEC, PESO, BIS, etc.,
- Prepare technical files for the certification process of ATEX, IECEx, UL & CSA (Detailed technical description, test reports, data sheets and component certificates)
- Coordinate with Finance team for payment of certification Invoices and managing Purchase requisitions
- Liase or be part of the certification forums or committees
- Be available to support Hubbell when vendors in India have quality/certification issues
- Co-ordinate with Indian test laboratories to test and get certified for the products developed in India.
Skills and Experience
Education:Diploma / Bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or)
Equivalent experience in Industry
Skills & Experience:
- Must have 3 to 5 years certification experience as minimum
- Good knowledge in hazardous area equipment’s protection concepts & Zone/Div classifications
- Knowledge in Hazardous location certifications – ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA, PESO, IEC 60079 series, IEC 60529 Standards etc…
- Knowledge in BIS certification & Luminaires Design Standard UL 1598 & UL 8750 an added advantage.
- Experience in handling audits by certification agencies and experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 80079-34 (QAN/QAR)
- Working knowledge in software’s like SAP, MS-Access Database, Onbase Client, Share point, Agilepoint NX, MS Excel, MS Word an added advantage
- Mathematical Skills, Reasoning Ability
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills