Position – Associate Engineer I
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
Unit No.4 B, 1st Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
We are looking forward to “Engineer – Mechanical Design” based in Chennai, India. Position requires a highly energetic, result driven, self-motivated, and proactive individual with sound knowledge of Mechanical Design and development. The candidate should also possess strong Leadership, interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills. Other core competency requirements are Customer focus, Strategic thinking, Functional Excellence, Integrity & Ethics and Professional Maturity.
Overall candidate should have around 3 to 4 years of experience in Mechanical product design and development. Good Knowledge in Sheetmetal manufacturing process and material selection. Need to collaborate work with US product engineering team. Design the product as IEEE and NEMA standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge in Product Design and Development for electromechanical products.
- Knowledge in Solid Works and Inventor CAD packages software.
- Support ECM SAP activity. Support Legacy drawing conversion & Engineering to order (ETO).
- Need to create Drawings based on ASME Y14.5M – 2009 standards.
- Proficiency in Solid works and Inventor software modeling, Assembly configurations & drafting.
- Need to understand top-down approach principles. Create parts & assembly using skeleton model.
- Knowledge in design tools FMEA, VA/VE & DFMA. Able to handle project independently.
- Knowledge in product database & product life cycle management.
- Knowledge in materials (Ferrous, nonferrous & plastics)
- Knowledge in manufacturing process (Plastics, Sheetmetal, machining process)
- Knowledge in GD&T, Tolerance stack up analysis.
- Good Team player – Develop good interaction with team lead and team members
- Should have Good communication skills oral & written. Interact with US customers to understand the projects requirements
- Should act as technical interface to customers and is responsible to ensure that projects are executed within agreed schedules
- Need to work in sales, catalogue, packaging & production drawing requirements.
- Maintain high Quality standards, project documentation & deliver projects with critical timeline.
Skills and Experience
- BE Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 4 years
- Mandatory Min. 2 to 4 years Design & Development.
- Hands on experience in the field of Mechanical design & development.
- Desirable Experience in manufacturing industry is added advantage.
- Mandatory Knowledge in Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks & AutoCAD software
- Desirable Vault & SAP (PDM & PLM) added advantage
- Unigraphics software is added advantage.
- Geometrical dimensioning & tolerancing, Tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Awareness DFMEA, DFMA, VA/VE Methodology. Good communication skills
Education – Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering