Spread the love
Position – Sr Mech Eng Supervisor
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
- Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
- The Mechanical Project Engineer is the owner of the mechanical content of a project or program of projects and responsible for maintaining program consistency between projects, documentation, and support. The Principal Mechanical Engineer manages program requirements and associated documentation. As well as maintains all technical program communications with customers and drives product and project execution improvements and continuous improvement efforts.
- Capable of successfully leading engineering activities for medium and large complex projects. Ability to work with diverse cultures and customers. Willing to travel to remote locations in the region. Specific customer standards
- Quality, standard work, schedule of deliverables, technically responsible for, delivery of project, customer expectation, management, proposal support, the direction of stream leads, Responsible for estimating, Change Orders using standard, processes, and tools (bidman)
- Delivers the high-level technical solution. Knowledge of multiple disciplines
- Acts as a technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed upon.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces functional and concept technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support, and expertise for assigned projects
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to the project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work
- Monitors and controls the assigned work scope against the project plan, ensure effective change control and identifies risks/opportunities.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with the project team, supervisor, own discipline, and other engineering disciplines
- Actively contributes to the pre-engineering phase of a project. As such, identifies to the customer which information is required before the project starts.
- Assist the sales organization in defining and estimating the engineering/technical scope of work.
- Assist project manager in defining and estimating the engineering/technical change of work.
- Reviews and assists customer with developing SOW/RFP/RFQ and specifications
- Supports and consults C&E; attends mechanically related pricing, concept, and customer review meetings
- Supports and consults Sales and Marketing; provides guidance relative to base/standard products, documentation, and user guides available
- Attends all project-related turnover meetings and functional design reviews
- Manages program requirements and standards
- Manages mechanical design efforts in line with program requirements and standards
- Attends all customer-related approval meetings
- Consults Mechanical Engineering on system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, and interface documents; consults on project phasing (Tie-Ins, SWs, Cut-Ins) as a Mechanical Project Team
- Ensures Mechanical SOPER activity is in line with program requirements and standards
- Monitors project progress and issues from a program perspective
- Monitors/audits drawings/parts and QA activities in line with program requirements and standards
- Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency across program accounts
- Ensures proper test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance) are created
- Performs project audit (site or remote) to ensure program account standards are being met (drawing standards)
- Supports critical customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT as required
- Reviews and consults on open issues; assists with any customer escalations
- Contributes to lessons learned post-mortem engineering review, providing program account expertise and historical perspective
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- A minimum of 5-8 years of Mechanical Engineering experience is required.
- Experience with integrating other Honeywell/Intelligrated and third-party systems
- Proficient in project management skills
- Proficient in financial & budget knowledge
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad mechanical
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Proficient in the understanding of pertinent IBC codes associated with the design
- Familiar with the design of structures and platforms
- Advanced proactive, strong customer satisfaction ethic
- Advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with customer key project personnel.
- Advanced proven ability to work with and/or lead a small team (4-5 members).
- Advanced strong communication skills to work with colleagues and customers from many nationalities.
- Advanced capacity to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Advanced ability to work with diverse cultures and customers.
- Patience, understanding, and non-confrontational approach for difficult customers.
- Ability to train, coach, and ‘lead by influence’
- Has an understanding of the marketplace and general business environment
- Understands and is familiar with the use of quality principles i.e. TQM
- Understands what the key business excellence initiatives are within Honeywell
- Understands how different functions within his/her own organization interrelate to each other
- Understands and is familiar with the Honeywell values
- Knows the overall key business objectives and goals
- Understands Honeywell’s overall financial strategy in terms of revenue growth, profit growth, working capital improvement, shareholder value goals
- Understands appropriate project methodology in risk management, control of working capital, and change management and works to current standards referenced in GPM (Global Project Management)
- Understands the importance of health and safety aspects to be able to manage projects properly
Spread the love