Position – R&D Engineer/Scientist II
Company – Honeywell
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
Refrigerants Research Engineer
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies have an opening for a Refrigerants Research Engineer in the Heat Transfer Laboratory of HITCfacility. The engineer is expected to design test setups and experimentally evaluate the performance of new refrigerants in refrigeration and air conditionings systems.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Develop new refrigeration and air conditioning test setups, and plan, supervise and execute experimental test programs with limited supervision and direction
- Perform laboratory testing and technical analysis to benchmark current refrigerants and compare low GWP options
- Perform refrigeration component and system simulations to support projects
- Bring in new ideas to improve thermal designs for new refrigerants
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers across geographies
- Participates in the invention/discovery process with professionals
- Assume responsibility of preparation, and maintenance of HSE documents, productive laboratory operation, and laboratory inventory management
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HSE policy
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor of mechanical engineering with 4+ years or Masters of thermofluids science with 2+ years of R&D experience in refrigeration and air conditioning industry. Prior experience of refrigeration system design, component selection and testing is a must.
- Knowledge in simulation of refrigeration systems will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of measurement and control systems.
- Experience of using SolidWorks and good command on Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to work in an highly dynamic environment that needs continuous upgradation of skills and tackling new technical challenges on day to day basis.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and follow through on commitments
- Suitable candidate should be creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented with a drive to get results quickly
- JOB ID: HRD137323
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Sector 36,Pace City II,Gurgaon,HARYANA,122004,India