ABB is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Design Engineer role, reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area – MOTION and located in Vadodara. Create and modify the standard designs of equipment, systems or installations, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Designs engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification. Contributes to design reviews and design verification, modifies design as necessary.
- Identifies variation requests to support contract claims.
- Follows work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Completes risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management for resolution.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of design assignments.
- Collaborates with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepares RFQs, provides design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- Assists in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- Uses standard processes and tools, assists in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions.
- Provides support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with significant previous experience (2 years at least) in design and development of Large electrical rotating machines.
- Strong proficiency in CAD software.
- Ability to work in PLM and SAP environment for what related to BOM.
- Knowledge of main PC tools.
- Proactive person with good communication skills and teamwork oriented.
- Knowledge of Nx CAD, modeling and simulations, statistical analysis and experience in lean sigma approach are plus;
- Previous coordination role of Product design and development engineer is a plus.
- Experience in handling customer cases is a plus.
More about us
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.