Position – Project Engineer I
Company – Honeywell
Exp. – 1 or 1+ years
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Contribute to the business success of Honeywell Aerospace by driving Supply Chain transition projects through engineering analysis, manufacturing, qualification, and approval phases. The Project Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with the Engineering & Technology (E&T), Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), and all associated functions to plan, execute and manage mechanical part-sourcing engineering activities. This job offers a unique opportunity to work on different types of aerospace parts and with suppliers, customers, and Honeywell teams globally.
- Owning/ Creating Engineering Part Analysis (EPA)’s, Transition Design Reviews (TDR), Risk Assessments, and Supplier Qualification plans for assigned transition and repositioning project(s).
- Responsible for successful technical scope in projects involving transition to new/ alternate suppliers and/or new locations globally from supplier onboarding to approval for production.
- Addressing production technical issues by coordinating responses to suppliers.
- Work with the ISC Program Manager to ensure alignment of objectives, provide updates and status of engineering activities, and influence the larger team to ensure that the appropriate balance of cost, schedule, and technical requirements is met.
- Provide clear and consistent communication and messaging to all levels of the organization & with all stakeholders
- Ideate and/or drive cost, quality & cycle time improvement opportunities
- Actively participate in HTS/ Aero initiatives – like Scaler projects, X-SBH/x-SBU work, volunteering for social causes
Preferred Skills/ Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in either design, development, or test of aircraft mechanical systems and components OR in manufacturing of mechanical components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Good understanding of Product Life Cycle Management tools like Teamcenter for drawings and product information management.
- Proficient in GD&T, & mech design tools like Nx
- Basic knowledge of SAP or any equivalent ERP tool is a plus
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions while balancing multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to travel locally and globally (<10% of the time)
- Adherence to the flexible work policy of HTS
- Educational Qualification: B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- JOB ID: HRD206508
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II, Bldgs 9A&9B, Plot C2, RMZ Ecoworld, Varturhobli, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, KARNATAKA,560103, India