Position – Mechanical Engineer I
Company – Honeywell
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Mechanical Project Engineer is the owner of the mechanical content of a project or program of projects and responsible for maintaining program consistency between projects, documentation, and support.
- To provide the Lifecycle Solutions for discontinued mechanical components.
- Document Lifecycle Solutions for discontinued mechanical components.
- Capable of successfully engineer modifications activities for previously installed equipment/machinery to ensure compatibility with Lifecycle Solutions.
- Quality, standard work, schedule of deliverables, technically responsible for, delivery of project, customer expectation, management, proposal support, the direction of stream leads.
- Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed upon.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, are in place prior to commencing work.
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project/product requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process.
- Ensures the suggested replacement for obsolete parts is a perfectly working solution.
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan ensures effective change control and identifies risks/opportunities.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with the project team, supervisor, own discipline, and other engineering disciplines
- Manages program requirements and standards
- Manages mechanical design efforts in line with program requirements and standards
- Consults Mechanical/ product Engineering on system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, and interface documents to identify correct replacement parts
- Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency across program accounts
- Ensures proper documentation of the procedure is followed to find the replacement for every part.
- Reviews and consults on open issues; assists with any customer escalations
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 2-4 years of Mechanical Engineering experience is required.
- Preference to the candidate with LSS (Lifecycle services support) engineer
- Preference to the candidate with detailed knowledge of conveyor parts, assemblies- sub-assemblies, functioning, etc.
- Experience with material handling system
- Experience with integrating other Honeywell/Intelligrated and third-party systems
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad mechanical
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Advanced proactive, strong customer satisfaction ethic
- Advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with customer and vendors key project personnel in the US.
- Advanced proven ability to work with a team (4-5 members).
- Advanced strong communication skills to work with colleagues and customers from many nationalities.
- Advanced capacity to work on multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Advanced ability to work with diverse cultures and customers.
- Patience, understanding, and non-confrontational approach for difficult customers and vendors.
- Has an understanding of the marketplace and general business environment
- Understands and is familiar with the use of quality principles
- Understands how different functions within his/her own organization interrelate to each other
- Understands and is familiar with the Honeywell values
- Understands the importance of health and safety aspects to be able to manage projects properly