Position – Mech Design Engineer II
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Perform mechanical design function on new product development teams defining customer requirements, develop and select best concepts, designs, and implementation into production
Fundamental knowledge of mechanical Engineering, Experience in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analysis. Basic knowledge in Drafting Standards especially ASME 14.5M
Have understanding on Different Manufacturing Processes like Metal Parts Machining, Casting, sheet metal process, Plastic Injection Molding, Joining methodologies (crimpling, welding, brazing, soldering), potting.
Must have experience to Engineering change Request and Engineering change order implementation
Ability to understand different mechanical and Electrical part design and applications, to support the design team
Demonstrates Good oral and written communication skills. Interacts with project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day to day issues.
Fundamental knowledge of Electrical Engineering and understanding of the electrical parts, is an added advantage/skill set
Design for Six Sigma & Statistical Tool usage is an added advantage/skill set
- Primary responsibility to design and develop Mechanical parts of Industrial material handling equipment
- Have an understanding of NPI / Product Development Life Cycle and Product Design skills withproblem solving and analytical capability
- Experience on G D & T, Tolerance Stack up Analysis, Good knowledge about Material selection (Engineering Plastics, Metals)
- Excellent problem analysis, judgment and technical decision making skills, Excellent coordinating and interacting skills, particularly of cross functional teams on a Global basis
- Able to work on multitasking and with commitment to complete ownership and delivery of any assigned tasks
- Proficiency with applicable computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab are desirable.
- Prior experience with solid modelling tools(Solid works) and stress/strain analysis tools.
- Guidelines to be considered for the selection of assembly process – design for assembly
- Knowledge on Material handling equipment design would be added advantage
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Industrial design talent
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Anopen, honest and team oriented personality
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
- Some experience developing products or sustaining existing products
- Experience in a highly regulated and safety critical domain
- Mechanical Engineering degree
JOB ID: req365967
Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India