Position – Mechanical Design Engineer I
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in a global team as an Individual contributor owning mechanical design.
- Entry-level position performing routine engineering functions on assigned projects or sub-projects of a general nature and limited scope by applying standard mathematical, physical science, and/or engineering technologies
- Completes assignments with detailed instructions
- Assists in the design and/or project/process management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools, and acceptance under the technical guidance of higher-level engineers or departmental management.
- Mechanical packaging design and development, simulation, building proto, verification and sometime characterization testing. Cross-functional player with various teams such as simulation, drafting, evaluation, manufacturing, marketing, supply chain etc.
- Able to conceptualize product application environment and type of product change, predict risk & impact, and mitigate risks through simulation & tests.
- Able to perform product and process capability studies, Gauge MSA product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
- Able to write test plans and work with simulation & product validation team and finalise product test reports, technical reports, project documentation and progress reporting.
- The candidate would develop technical expertise in the selected product line, develop proposals for growth ideas and work for improving the product line.
- PDM support for Engineering Change Orders – ECO/ECN (drawings, CAD models).
- Create CAD models and drawings of mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and parts.
- Mechanical work in proto assembly /Lab Environment.
- Experience and Education Required: 2 -3 Years
- B.E/ B. Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering
- Intermediate level of knowledge of the following CAD systems is required: PTC Creo Parametric (Pro/ENGINEER) and Autodesk AutoCAD
- Intermediate level of knowledge of the following PDM/PLM systems is required: Siemens Teamcenter
- Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office – MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point.
- Professional Skills and Knowledge:
- Exposure to New product development
- Conceptualize the product and translate the requirements into CTQs for design
- Good knowledge about materials such as engineering plastics, metals, plating
- Familiarization with GD&T Concepts, AMSE Y14.5 is a plus , Statistical Tolerance Analysis, Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Good orientation in technical sources and search capabilities of required technical information
- English – minimum B2 language level (upper-intermediate)
- Language communication skills – speaking, email, and phone calls
- Intermediate presentation skills
- Communication with external/internal customer/supplier
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Team player
- Willingness to learn new things
- Willingness to work in a global company with respect to different time zones of company sites
- Respect of company hierarchic organization structure
- Willingness to be mentored
- Good work time management
- Task prioritization identification
- Capability and willingness to travel within and out of country for business purposes (business, training)
- Solid behaviors
- Responsibility for assigned task and deadline
- Meeting participation
- Sometimes make an overtime if situation-project-deadline requires that
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Industrial design talent
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Anopen, honest and team oriented personality
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
- Some experience developing new products or sustaining existing product ranges
- Some experience in a highly regulated or safety critical domain
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- JOB ID: HRD170902
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India