Position – Associate Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Full Job Description
1 State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop aerospace fuel system products to meet product requirements including safety, reliability, and conformance to standards.
Create innovative product concepts/prototypes based on breakthrough technologies for aerospace applications
- Ability to understand & support developing business value propositions and assessing the commercial impact of technology for airframe fuel system components.
- Provide manufacturability perspective for early concepts and help validate through building appropriate designs. Assist with building prototypes that help in proof of concept and work with external vendors/suppliers.
- Interact with global cross-functional teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Capturing customer voice, Understanding and Executing milestones, Conducting technical and project Reviews, Communication and On job development, and learning
- Performs complex engineering assignments, involving product design, testing, and compliance to specifications, process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques
- Execute proto-type build, performance/durability testing, and teardown of proto-type samples to evaluate product performance against customer requirements for concept level ideas as well as detailed design before product launch
- Utilize DFSS concepts/tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Creation of 3D models and drawings of the new product designs and modification of existing drawings and models
- Sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Build prediction models for the product performance parameters & optimize the performance
- Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical resource for internal/external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Maintain credible communication practice with stakeholders on technical clarifications, testing & resolving of field failures
- Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps & come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators/value propositions and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
- Maintain effective communication both verbal & written with customers, team members, and cross-functional departments
- Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting in enhancement in organizational objectives
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Eaton and customer standards/requirements
- A person must be proficient with CATIA V5 and should be able to perform & review tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
- Should have a good understanding of DFM & A ( Design for manufacturability & assembly). Shall leverage DFMA principles while working on engineering designs and drawings
- Utilize the PLM (Enovia) system for documentation control and workflow.
- Should have experience working with Aerospace Fuel Products & Standards
- Ensure the right quality and on-time delivery of drawings & engineering documents.
- Strong analytical, and presentation skills.
- Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in engineering/product design, preferably in Fuel System Products
- Proficiency in CAD tools like CATIA and experience with PLM tool
- Experience with the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology and tools necessary.
- Strong understanding of Design for Manufacturability.
- Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organizations.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging, and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest, or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No