Position – CAD Specialist
Company – Honeywell
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Mechanical Design Drafter within the Process Equipment group of UOP’s Engineering Services located in Gurgaon, Delhi. This group supports the design, fabrication, and installation of distillation trays and columns utilized in the refining and petrochemical industry. The position will play a key role in supporting the mechanical design and layout of these components.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group. For more information, go to www.uop.com.
- Create accurate mechanical drawings in AutoCAD using standard drafting practice. Drawings are created from scratch, using templates and using in-house programs.
- Estimate, manage and meet budgeted hours and schedule on assigned project work. Drawings are to be completed to meet project schedules.
- Perform basic drawing revisions in AutoCAD.
- Perform mechanical analysis of column internals using standard design programs and spreadsheets.
- Perform mechanical inspection of trays and related internal against drawings and specifications in the manufacturing sub-vendor’s shop.
- Resolve non-conforming product issues through coordination with fabricators and engineers.
- Estimating, managing and meeting budgeted hours and schedule on assigned project work.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- ITI (Mechanical) / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) is required.
- 5 + years’ experience in a design role utilizing AutoCAD 2008 (or higher) is required.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self check own work and produce error free drawings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet project milestones.
- Understanding of piping, sheet metal and vessel mechanical design.
- Ability to seek feedback and ask for help when unsure to minimize rework.
- Communicates progress accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Field work and Fabrication Shop Training is required to travel to shops and customer sites.
- Understanding and strictly following Honeywell Safety procedures especially when leaving the office environment.
- Ability to work effectively with team members of all disciplines.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually.
We offer a team-oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply to this position at http://www.honeywell.com/careers/jobsearch.html Position number: XXXXXXX- Mechanical Design Drafter – Distillation Columns
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
YOU MUST HAVE
- ITI / Diploma (Mechanical)
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software _________ (CATIA V5, CREO 2.0, Solid Works, NX, etc.)and hardware practices
- Some experience in the field or in a related area
- Deep understanding of a variety of the field’s standards and specifications
- Capability to work independently to follow guidelines and ensure production of high quality design documents
- Application of engineering techniques to optimize product and part designs
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity or ambiguity
- Capability to clearly and concisely communicate with partners.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimized design outcomes
- JOB ID: HRD128911
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One-HON-UTC-2+4F ,UTC, 2F 4F, Sushant Lok Phase I,,Sector 43,Sushant Lok Phase I,,Gurgaon,HARYANA,122022,India