Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – CREO
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is to advance a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision, and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Demonstrate knowledge in advanced high-end CAD software Creo/ProE.
- Evaluates select and apply standard techniques and procedures while preparing manufacturing & assembly drawings.
- Assist in preparing proposals/presentations of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Effectively interact and coordinate with Product owners, Suppliers & Engineering teams located globally.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-4 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Design & engineering of electrical products such as transformers, Insulators, Bushings, or Tap changers.
- Exposure to Product data management (PDM)/ Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool Windchill.
- Be familiar with the design principles, guidelines, and applicable standards used within the electromechanical design of products like Bushings & Tap changers.
- Hands-on experience in 3D Modeling Software tools. Preferred tool: Creo/ProE.
More about the Company
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition toward a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and an unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com