Position – Associate Mechanical Designer ( Transformer)
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
To understand design requirements and deliver product design & engineering in a timely manner according to customer specifications and assigned KPIs
- Understand the customer requirements after project receipt and prepare order-bound drawings and documents, making designs in line with customer specifications.
- Compile relevant documents for the identified projects. Identify and address deviations/issues in project documents in consultation with the Manager.
- Ensure timely delivery of design specifications and general requirements in the ERP system.
- Understanding customer specifications, preparation & checking of layout & customer drawings (Internal layout, cleats, and leads, outside general arrangement/list of fittings/foundation details, fabrication drawings, etc.) made in discussion with the customer with design finalization.
- 3D Modeling of Transformer with complete fittings and accessories in Pro-E Wildfire.
- Visit to Customers place/Site for Design Approval & Clarifications.
- Optimizing transformer designs based on tender commitments & technology requirements.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings following cable wiring, gasket hardware list, and SAP entries within the specified time.
- Preparing Manufacturing instructions, standard drawings & specifications.
- Coordination with Service Cell for Erection, Commissioning & other Site-related Problems.
- Possessing knowledge of Indian and International Standards & Codes – DIN, ASME for Ferrous & Non-ferrous Material Specification, Welding & Brazing Qualifications, Non- Destructive Testing.
- B.E. – Electrical / Mechanical
- More than 2 years experience in designing Core Clamps, Cleats & Leads, and Tank & Externals (preferably 400kV and 765kV product range).
- Should have knowledge and exposure to 2-D and 3-D CAD software packages like AutoCAD, Creo, etc.
- Having experience working on optimization projects related to Tank steel weight, Oil volume, and Insulation materials
More about the Company
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition toward a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com