Position – Sales Support Manager (High Voltage Service)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
For our Marketing, Sales, and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources, and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability, and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids, and enhancing eco-efficiency. As a sales support manager, you will be responsible for sales support activities of the High Voltage- service product group and will drive the sales activities in coordination with WCFE.
- Creating, implementing, and reviewing local sales support strategy to meet/exceed the OI/GM targets. Participates in Budgeting activities and work to increase the offered market by devising a new strategy in line with BL/country strategy.
- Defining key targets and ensures these are achieved for customer support. Participate in annual budgeting activities. Driving the actions in identifying the new areas for business.
- Overseeing the preparation of proposals through internal and external resources. Ensuring all proposals follow relevant Hitachi ABB procedures and guidelines as well as legal requirements.
- Ensuring most competitive offers taking into account the market situation and customer’s conditions. Identifies which approach (e.g. direct sales, consortium, or channel) can be applied to better serve the customer.
- Overseeing the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer. Validate that the customer order is commercially clear and acceptable.
- Assigning and allocating internal and external resources for technical and commercial support and proposal preparation.
- Supporting bid/no-bid analyses and decisions. Participates in project risk review processes.
- Ensuring support to the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, product presentations, and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled, and directed. Coaches motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Handling of the sales support team and coordinating with WCFE/collaboration with different product groups/functions to coordinate the sales activities.
- Focus on export to meet the export order intake. Bring speed in sales functions.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor of engineering degree in Electrical OR Mechanical.
- Minimum 8 to 10 yrs of experience in handling sales support or marketing or sales operations in High Voltage, Power system, Transformers industry.
- Leadership experience in Sales and/or Sales Support, with a proven ability to anticipate customer needs and market trends.
- Strong, well-developed communication, influencing, coaching, and leadership skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”