Position – R&D Mechanical Engineer -Distribution Transformer
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will contribute with own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solve industrial problems independently.
- Understanding deeply the mechanical design of both dry and liquid filled distribution standard products – and work with GPG engineering manager and technology manager and local engineering teams to establish a common body of technical standards.
- Giving an expert opinion whenever a gap analysis is needed – in view of establishing common features and/or acknowledging differences or accepted variations from common features.
- Putting the technical standards in a form suitable for programming by the development team of mechanical design system.
- Understanding the landscape of software applications that need to interact with the Design Systems and have the capability to foster the communication by developing software solutions.
- Working together with the Development Centers for the realization of Technical Standards for all the new products – and then be the transmission link to the development team of mechanical design system.
- Acting as the link between the global product group, the various PGUs and the development team of mechanical design system.
- Discuss with the PGUs all Bug Reports and Change Requests. Then together with GPG Engineering manager decide on priorities and actions.
- Be the first contact point for the units questions regarding the development of mechanical design system.
- Providing feedback and influence the PG improvement projects (with mechanical, standardization content).
- Understanding and analyzing the technical constraints of the factories to follow the requirements of the technical standards, propose actions and adjust the technical standards if needed.
- Identifying and selecting most important /appropriate features that should build the common part of GPG DT electrical design system.
- Technical design: Finding the right balance between product group and local requirements.
- Delivering projects in time and budget achieving the intended objectives.
- Guiding factories in the interpretation of technical standards and promote the use of the global design system.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A University degree plus 3-5 years design experience with PG Dry products
- Profound knowledge of mechanical design.
- Solid knowledge in Engineering and Computer Modelling in CAD Solid knowledge of mechanical design platform or ability to quickly learn.
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming languages to implement solutions for GPG DT is an asset.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Willingness to travel and the ability to interact with colleagues in all our PGUs is necessary.
- Good team player, flexible, pro-active, result-oriented and work independently.
About the Company
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”