Position – R&D Mechanical Engineer-Transformer Design
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring high reliability, reducing life cycle costs, and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will contribute with your own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solve industrial problems independently.
- As a member of an R&D international team, develop traction transformer CAD templates ready to use for designers and drive them by software and user interface. Including PLM integration, testing, debugging, validation, implementation, and documentation (user manual, technical standards, and implementation).
- Managing different tasks in the design project to handle interactions with CAD tools (Creo), develop in Matlab our mechanical design rules, and do VBA programming, in order to improve the time and the design process, the quality, sustainability reliability, and efficiency of the tool.
- Bringing new ideas in order to simplify work, improve the quality and the user interface.
- Providing support and advice to our engineer design team with a good technical level, work on a frequent basis on multi-site with international teams.
- Promoters of new solutions with stress on the business results.
- Be the communication channel for design tools development and engineering, especially for the global engineering center.
- In a stimulating multi-cultural environment that encourages professional development, you will quickly assume part of the implementation of our traction transformer and dry transformer design tool used globally.
- Establishing interesting and varied interactions within the local Hitachi ABB Power Grids traction transformer business unit with mechanical, electrical, and sales departments, in order to implement a client-dedicated solution.
- Delivering projects in time and budget achieving the intended objectives.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E/M.E. (Mechanical Engineering) with good software development skills.
- Around 3-5 years of Transformer mechanical design experience. (Experience in traction transformer design will be preferred).
- Programming know-how: establish himself the flowchart and the formula according to the rules.
- Sound knowledge of VBA, SQL, and MATLAB is an asset.
- Fluent with English and good communication skills.
- Good team player, flexible, pro-active, result-oriented and work independently.
- Willingness to travel and ability to interact with colleagues in different Power Grids units.
- Solid knowledge of Creo mechanical
- Change management in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to establish user-oriented documentation.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”