Position – R&D Engineer (High Voltage Metal Enclosed Breaker)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. We are looking for a Research & Development Engineer to join High Voltage Metal Enclosed breaker, (PASS/DTB products) R&D team. You will assume a technical role in design & development of various modules/sub-systems of high voltage viz. circuit breaker, disconnector, earthing switch, bus bar / bus duct, structure etc. as well as will support product maintenance that align with growth and cost reduction initiatives. You should be able to demonstrate a strong mechanical/electrical design & development background combined with excellent analytical skills and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art design techniques.
- Design & detailing of various modules/sub-systems of high voltage gas insulated switchgear (Circuit breaker, disconnector, bus bar/bus duct, earthing switch, structure).
- Global product technical support for worldwide technology centers and factories.
- Creating base design as a foundation for decisions in the feasibility stage of a project.
- Perform mechanical (static & dynamic), dielectric & electro-magnetic calculation.
- Design documentation (Development/feasibility study report/delivery & test instruction).
- Perform DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFSS, DOE etc.
- Prototyping & testing of modules.
- Collaborate with cross-functions including quality, operation, SCM.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A B.Tech./M.Tech. (Mechanical) with 2 to 5 years experience.
- Design & development of low, medium, high voltage SF6 switchgear preferred.
- Working knowledge of IEC standards and type testing of switchgear.
- Working knowledge of design process/quality tools like DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFSS, DOE etc.
- Hands-on experience of 3D model/PLM tool like Creo 2.0 ,PDM Link and SAP.
- Hands-on experience in FEA tools – Ansys, Creo Simulate, Adams, Dymola (Matlab)
- Hands-on experience of dielectric & electro-magnetic calculation using FEA tools (Flux, Coulomb)
- Hands-on experience of drawing, BOM, GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis
- Manufacturing knowledge (casting, machining, sheet metal & plastic parts etc)
- Knowledge of Material and standards (ISO, DIN, IS)
- Innovative & creative thinking ability
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”