Position – R&D Engineer
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability, and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids, and enhancing eco-efficiency. You will contribute with your own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solve industrial problems independently.
- Technical and scientific proficiency and leadership – Demonstrating solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
- Technology direction – Understanding the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Innovation and creativity – Contributing to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- Projects, processes, and tools – As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates a sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools.
- R&D context – Maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provides consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Knowledge transfer – Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and support colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high-quality results. Shows solid documentation skills and writes technical reports independently.
- Network and visibility – Participates in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in a targeted area of expertise.
- Intellectual property (IP) and risk management – Has a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributes to IP discussions, and develops project clearance reports. Identifies risks in R&D projects.
- Diploma or B.E. (Electrical / Mechanical).
- Development & testing of AIS and GIS products (2 to 3 years experience).
- Basic knowledge of switchgear products.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various IEC / IEEE / ANSI / IS standards.
- Team spirit, assertiveness, and highly meticulous approach to work.
- Knowledge of Materials and standards (ISO, DIN, IS) will be added advantage.
- Innovative & creative thinking ability.
- Exemplary technical writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communications as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”