Position – Quality Specialist
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will support the definition and implementation of actions to improve safety, operating efficiency, quality and productivity in the value chain, to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment within the local business.
- Support strategy – Promoting and supporting the deployment of the local Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) strategy to accelerate the rate of operational improvement, with resulting cost savings within the operation.
- Operations – Establishing and implementing Q&OpEx priorities and targets in cooperation. with functional team members across all functions within the local operation, monitors progress and supports actions on deviations from targets.
- Strengthen organization – Training and coaching local teams in the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. 4Q) to develop organization capability to continuously improve business practices and performance.
- Operational excellence Conducts benchmarking and best practice spreading within the operations to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
- Quality management system Assists with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements.
- Customer Assists with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A minimum B.E. Electrical /Mechanical.
- Around 5 to 7 years of experience of Quality function preferred from transformer manufacturing industry.
- Good communication skills in English Language in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated team building skills, would be a preference.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”