Position – Associate Project Engineer – Valve Mechanical (Unigraphics)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Creating mechanical design of semiconductor based solutions for AC and DC used in our HVDC transmissions.
- As part of your daily tasks, you will work with technically challenging products which span over several technological areas – for example heat transfer, electrical insulation, strength of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- You will be responsible for specifying testing’s and ensuring execution is according to current standards and customer specifications.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Mechanical design.
- Electro-Mechanical design experience from electric power industry or design of high voltage products is valuable.
- Strong proficiency in 3D-CAD modeling is a must, ideally in NX environment. It is preferable if you have good knowledge in Team Center and SAP as well.
- Preferably understanding applications of electrical power equipment in HV/EHV system.
- Knowledge on mechanical standards is preferable.
- We also expect that you have strong self-learning skills and strong collaborative capabilities and able to work in international team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, fluent English.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”