Position – Associate Project Engineer – BIM
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision, and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Interpreting the overall Project/tender goals, benefits, and areas of utilization determined by the BIM Project Manager to specific requirements for model content and deliveries.
- Responsible for representing the requirements of the models and ensure that the models are used for the intended purpose.
- Acts as technical support for project managers and shall enable the project to be managed according to the project’s steering documents.
- Is responsible for BIM design review/coordination meeting.
- Model coordination with the Electrical and Mechanical department.
- Model coordination between Civil & MEP.
- Coordination with Project/Tender Team for timelines, budget, risks & opportunities pertaining to BIM aspects.
- Analyze customer specifications to ensure Hitachi – Power Grids solution meets the requirements.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 Years of experience as a BIM Engineer for Industrial structures(Oil and Gas, Power Plant, substations, Plants, etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Rivet modeling and coordinating through the Navisworks tool.
- Modeling Knowledge of Civil/Steel/MEP materials is an added advantage.
- Good Analytical and Communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”Hitachi ABB Power Grids