Position – Lead Design Engineer
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production, and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the development of new rotating equipment to meet customer requirements. This includes a Centrifugal and axial compressor, turboexpanders, reciprocating compressors, innovative rotating equipment, covering the machine, and plant integration. Also, to comply with local design/product standards, and ensuring compliance to codes & industry regulations.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Executing design and analysis of assigned projects to develop Turbomachines meeting customer application needs and specification requirements.
- Developing a “system engineering” culture, supporting the product configuration definition and relevant changes after the industrialization phase.
- Creating the design review process, ensuring accuracy, quality, and design for manufacturability goals are met.
- Providing technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project(s), acting in a global team.
- Providing timely communications on significant issues or project(s) developments to the higher management.
- Participating as a presenter in technical reviews, assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for assigned projects.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in mechanical equipment design and application
- Able to demonstrate good computer skills and be familiar with cad modeling, FEA, programming.
- Understand material mechanisms such as static, fatigue, fracture, and creep behavior and implement relative FEA.
- Able to work with inexperienced people team giving an active contribution to the design and decision-making process.
- Have an open approach to problem-solving and expanding the current theory to fill the gaps.
- Have experience and background in manufacturing/reliability/material science is a plus.
- Have basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, welding or cutting, etc is a plus.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
This role is a Full-Time Regular, live in-country
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.