Position – Associate Engineer – Design
Company – GKN Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
As a Design Engineer working in Repairs sub function, he/she will be working primarily in
• Developing detailed repair procedure for various repairs.
• Providing In-service/Aftermarket Engineering Support for the GKN design products on day-to-day basis.
• Accessing the repair/concession feasibility for the damaged product and develop the repair or concession.
- Develop detailed repair procedures for various repairs.
- Provide In-service/Aftermarket Engineering Support for the GKN design products on a day-to-day basis.
- Access the repair/concession feasibility for the damaged product and develop the repair or concession.
- Update the repair/inspection manuals at Clean Inspection Repair (CIR) and Engine manual (EM) levels.
- Develop the Technical Data Package (TDP)/Service Bulletin (SB) for the Engineering changes.
- Create substantiation reports for the repairs/concessions/TDPs/SBs by collecting the information from various reports like FMECA, Drawing requirement justification reports, interface documents, etc…
- Convert the Engineering drawing requirements to the repair manuals. Excellent in interpreting the drawings and drawing changes.
- Involve and Review Design changes and update the manuals accordingly.
- Proactively Liaise with Engineering In-Charge (EIC)/Engineering Method Specialist (EMS) to understand the various repair methods and decide on the appropriate repair method.
- Develop various technical reports.
Must possess the requisite level of engineering functional knowledge (typically Technical Excellence Framework level 3 or higher in the appropriate Area of Expertise) with experience of working/interfacing with other Engineering & Manf. Eng. disciplines (including customers and suppliers) in order to successfully execute tasks within the project team(s) objectives.
Must possess basic knowledge and understanding of the Aerospace industry and in the functional area the project/programme is responsible for in order to successfully perform tasks in the programme.
Must possess a good level of technical problem solving skills.
- Holds relevant technical qualifications (Bachelor, Master, or equivalent) or a relevant level of experience to perform In-service Engineering/MRO activities.
- 3 – 7 years (indicative) of relevant experience gained within an engineering discipline, ideally within an aerospace/mechanical/production environment.
- Hands-on Experience in reading and interpreting Engineering Drawing and Definition reports.
- Solid understanding of GD&T.
- Sound working knowledge in NX, Teamcenter, and SAP ERP systems.
- Good knowledge of Aerospace Technical Publications.
- Good Knowledge of product configuration management and change management.
- Basic Understanding of the various structural analysis.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Good knowledge of Aircraft Engine Components
Awareness of other functions (Operations, Production, Supplier Management).
Able to support budget compliance of the own activities.
Worked in cross-cultural teams.
Be capable of:
o Contribute to teams through change activities, ensuring continuous two-way communication.
o Focus on continuous improvement and problem-solving.
o Commit to relationship-building with customers and colleagues.
o Work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Consistently demonstrate the following attributes and values:
o Recognise what people need from you and respond flexibly.
o Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity.
o Builds confidence in others.
o Hunger for continuous learning, growth, and curiosity.
o Stretch out of your comfort zone.
o Challenge assumptions and hearsay, and look for evidence.
o Trusts people to do their job.
o Knows what drives profit within their business area.
o Knows the key stakeholders.
o In-depth knowledge of own industry and customers.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.