Position – Associate Engineer – Analysis
Company – GKN Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
To support development and implementation of technical solutions that are compliant with all relevant customer, regulatory, and airworthiness requirements, within agreed program, schedule, and manufacturing constraints.
The primary job responsibility is to work on Aero Engine components and to take complete ownership of his or her work on various tasks involved in Design Engineering. Candidate shall support independently or with minimal supervision on FE calculations and verification of aero-engine components. The execution will be in accordance with established design practices and work instructions.
Candidate should able to take up quickly necessary activities to evaluate and justify non-conformances and field issues in cross functional environment. He or she shall drive and lead product improvements activities, method development and continuous improvement activities through various internal forums of GKN.
- Individual contributor working in Design engineering delivering analysis tasks mainly Solid mechanics & thermal for a part/product in line with the functional KPI of the organization.
- Supporting the structural design process to ensure that required quality is achieved within the direct area of responsibility
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency
- Develop, implement, and check technical solutions and compliance documentation to ensure they are compliant with all relevant customer, regulatory, and airworthiness requirements, within the agreed program, schedule, and manufacturing constraints.
- Identify technical problems and apply/integrate solutions.
- Execute and implement methods plans, toolsets, and approaches that are appropriate and compliant to achieve the design and program objectives.
- Identify and assess technical risk for own work and propose mitigations within assigned programs/projects.
- Generate assigned project deliverables, documents, and reports according to the project signature authorizations.
- Support technical and customer reviews, including formal gate reviews, including the creation and preparation of technical data, and presentations of product design.
- Process documentation such as concessions and non-conformances, and provide technical support by implementing solutions to address non-conforming products, designs, and compliance documentation.
- Perform all activities at a level of minimal supervision and support other engineers with peer-to-peer reviews.
- Identify improvements and support the creation of work instructions, procedures, technical manuals, and guidelines.
- Must possess an appropriate level of engineering functional knowledge with experience or knowledge of working/interfacing with other Engineering & Manf. Eng. disciplines (including customers and suppliers) in order to successfully execute the functional project team(s) objectives.
- Must have an awareness of the Aerospace industry and in the functional area the project/program is responsible for (e.g. Design, Analysis, ME, etc.) in order to successfully support the whole of the IPT in achieving the overall business objectives.
- Must possess a good level of technical problem-solving skills.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Stress/Thermal/ life analysis through FEM
- Excellent fundamentals in Solid Mechanics
- Experience in performing structural analysis to verify various product requirements
- Ability to interpret results, apply physics and propose design solutions
- Knowledge of tools such as Simcenter3D, HYPERMESH, and ANSYS, for meshing and analysis along with demonstrated capability in using these tools effectively
- Good product knowledge related to aero engines
- Contributed to the technical development of processes, products, or people
- Customization and Programming skills, preferably using ANSYS APDL/Python
- Good communication skills in English both oral and written
- Good technical report writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-driven individual who can expand his/her skills with on-job training
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- LEAN culture and mindset
Be capable of:
- o Contribute to teams through change activities, ensuring continuous two-way communication.
- o Focus on continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- o Commit to relationship-building with customers and colleagues.
- o Work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Consistently demonstrate the following attributes and values:
- o Recognise what people need from you and respond flexibly.
- o Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity.
- o Builds confidence in others.
- o Hunger for continuous learning, growth, and curiosity.
- o Stretch out of your comfort zone.
- Personal knowledge:
- o Knows what drives profit within their business area.
- o Knows the key stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of own industry and customers.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal-opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.