Position – Management Trainee – Sourcing & Procurement
Company – Genpact
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We are inviting applications for the role of MT, Sourcing & Procurement
You should’ve proficient knowledge of the commodities for which the RFQ’s have to be floated are for valves, instrumentations, skids, metals, fabrications, service equipment (Crane, Sandblasting, NDT, etc.), pumps, actuators, etc.
In this role, you will be responsible to
- Build RFQ packages for Manufacturing parts across various commodities based on production/project requirements and timelines by collecting significant details like Approved Vendor list, drawings, specifications, checklists, etc.
- You should set up and run eRFX events using tools like Arriba including reverse auctions if required
- You should send RFQ packages to various suppliers in their respective regions or even globally.
- You should understand queries from Suppliers and coordinate with relevant partners to provide timely clarifications/resolution to suppliers.
- Post receipt of a response to validate responses for completeness and identify variances if any and resolve.
- Preliminary Bid Analysis and submit quote comparison report to partners
- Provide recommendations and alternate bid strategy if any for effective price negotiation.
- Negotiate with the respective suppliers on price, delivery, etc.
- Award contract and communicate with Suppliers and relevant partners
- You should update the necessary systems to enable PO generation.
- Graduate in any discipline
- Relevant sourcing experience especially in the Power, Aviation, Automobile industry
- You should have excellent negotiation skills
- proficient knowledge of global supplier base supplying valves, instruments, industrial raw materials, etc.
- Electrical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Mechanical Engineer
- Proficient knowledge of English – Any knowledge of a foreign language is a bonus
- Preferable to have practical knowledge of Ariba e-Procurement tool
- Sourcing specific certifications like CPM, SPSM is a plus.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
A note on potential Recruitment scams
There are scam artists who pose as recruiters for legitimate companies such as Genpact, so job seekers should take a note of the following guidelines:
- All Genpact recruiters have Genpact.com email addresses and Genpact employees solicit candidates through their genpact.com email addresses. If you receive a solicitation from someone stating that they work for Genpact, check the email address. If the email address is gmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com or another address that is not a genpact.com email address, then the recruiter is not a Genpact employee. If the mail address misspells Genpact’s name, it is not from Genpact.
- Genpact requires interviews before extending a job offer.
- Genpact does not charge fees to process job applications. Genpact does not require applicants to pay to participate in our hiring process in any other way. Examples of scams include purchasing a “starter kit”, or paying to submit an application or purchase equipment or training.
- If the “recruiter” tells you s/he saw your resume on a named site – but you are not familiar with that site, please be wary.
- If the “recruiter” ask for your social security number, bank account information, or other sensitive personal information at the application phase, please be wary. Genpact does not request this information until after a job offer has been extended, and the applicant has accepted.
If you are not sure whether or not a Genpact communication or career opportunity is legimitate, please refrain from responding to it.
The best way to locate job opportunities at genpact is to visit our careers page at https://careers.genpact.com/