Position – Senior Engineer – Central Process Automation
Company – General Motors
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
About TCI ME:
Manufacturing Engineering (ME) in TCI is a part of a Global ME team. Goal of TCI ME team is executing Design/Simulation/Virtual/Engineering Workshare for The Globe. This diverse & dynamic team strives to excel in areas of virtual & execution engineering in the areas of Propulsion Systems, Body in White, Press & Dies, Paint & General Assembly, Automation, ME Integration etc.
About TCI ME Business Planning:
Business Planning team is responsible to analyze, plan & execute strategic initiatives for supporting the long-term goals of ME Team. These strategic initiatives include planning people, processes, facilities, and costs. This team also supports all the functions in ME to enable their work in terms of headcount, budget, training, contracts, and travel. Purpose of this team is executing Business Planning activities for TCI Manufacturing Engineering team and support the operations staff as required.
The Central Process Automation engineer will collaborate with citizen developers from the Teams in TCI ME to identify process automation opportunities, develop and deploy solutions, maintain these solutions, store these in commonplace & will report to Manager – Business Planning. This role requires extensively working with TCI ME teams to plan & deliver the work effectively.
I. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Process Automation (PA) projects in TCI
- Work with teams and identify list of PA projects.
- Prioritize PA projects.
- Develop PA with the right tools with consistent coding practices (Standardize)
- Enable and lead implementation across teams.
- Lead central PA projects.
- Maintain/update codes/tools developed in TCI in a central repository (TFS)
- Assist Citizen Developers
- Recommend right tools.
- Clarify questions, mentor, and help complete the PA projects.
- Organize training on PA tools.
- Develop Others- – Develop PA professionals in TCI.
- Maintains the inventory of active PA projects (self & Citizen Developers)
- Communicate project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to customers and leadership in a timely manner.
- Capture and share lessons learned & continuously improve the processes, as necessary.
Additional Job Description
I. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge & Skills
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Python
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in VBA
- Proficiency with Knime, PowerBI
- Hands-on any other programming language such as .net preferred
- Experience in problem-solving [OpEx, DFSS, Design Thinking]
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of ME functions processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to take initiative, self-directed.
- Good Problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve team goals.
- Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership of the result
- Prominent level of integrity, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
II. Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Production/Automobile Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in relevant field
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities.