Position – Engineering Group – ME Virtual Engineering – Paint
Company – General Motors
Location – Karnataka, IN
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In this position you will execute new product program related advanced virtual studies for global programs. You will possess a broad technical knowledge of automotive vehicle launch process, experience in manufacturing planning for paint shops with problem solving and analytical abilities. You will be based in GM Technical Center India, Bangalore and will have ample opportunities to support new product launches, process improvements and troubleshooting technical issues.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform simulation analysis for various global product programs to check the manufacturing compliance of the product design and provide suggestions / feedback to the Global Center.
- Capture and share lessons learned within the team & with global team.
- Drive continuous process improvement within the team.
- Participate in global technical team meetings and report out regional issues, lessons learnt and project progress updates.
Additional Job Description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We provide job specific training to impart knowledge and build skills through on-the-job assignments. The incumbent will be provided opportunity to develop capability to do the task initially with guidance & supervision and subsequently become an independent contributor, delivering value to the organization.
- Good knowledge of automotive vehicle launch process, GVDP 5X, GVDP7X
- Good knowledge of automotive paint shop processes
- Basic understanding of manufacturing requirements, product architecture
- Working knowledge of paint shop manufacturing requirements
- Working knowledge of layout & process map development.
- Working knowledge Team Center, Vis Mockup, Process Simulate, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Problem solving & analytical skills.
- Basic quality tools, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Advance process quality planning.
- Ability to understand interconnectedness of different processes within paint shop.
- Ability to understand interconnectedness of upstream & downstream processes on paint shop launch activities.
- Ability to work with intercultural & multi-disciplinary teams to achieve enterprise goals.
- Good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed.
III. Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Paint Engineering/ Masters in Chemistry or Paint Technology.
- 3~5 years of product launch experience related to paint shop from Automotive OEMs
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.