Position – Process Lead
Company – General Mills
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
India Foods Business is a full-service manufacturing and marketing unit comprising over 500 employees spread across over multiple locations across India. Our strong suite of products includes the Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Haagen-Dazs and Nature Valley brands in both direct-to-consumer and B2B channels across Retail, Food Service and Bakeries & Exports. We combine the capabilities of a global enterprise with the entrepreneurial spirit and cultural awareness you would expect of a smaller local company.
POSITION TITLE : Process Lead
REPORTS TO : Platform Manager
LOCATION : Nashik
- THE ROLE
- Purpose of the Position
Provide Process Engineering expertise to the operations team and supporting the plant manufacturing excellence journey.
- Key Responsibilities & Expectations
1) Operating Principle of unit operations
- Understand the process & create transformation matrix
- Understand & create CL critical to transformation for right product first time & uniform operation – both Dynamic and static
- Health Check all the CIL and rectify as per losses and must to have for machines
- Create troubleshooting guides & SOP’s for all operations
2) Plant AM DMS owner for CIL , CL & Defect handling system & execute 5S standard for Plant
3) Capability Building
- Build self and team’s capability on OBT and Lead with smaller groups to eliminate chronic problems
- Coach team & initiate culture of shop floor Troubleshooting through systemic approach ( use of appropriate tools , involving Line operators)
- Deep Dive WPF ( Unplanned Downtime) and generate systemic action plans
4) Digitalization & Automation
- Work closely with Engineering team and lead Automation project from Operations
- Identify and automate the data gathering systems & create into meaningful insights – across the Plant ( start with operation)
- Explore & Lead packing automation for Frozen
5) Other Ongoing Support
- Lead System Utilization Improvement for the platform.
- Support in Site Food Safety Risk Assessment Action Plan.
- Support in Site Instructure/Technology Upgradation Projects.
- Support in New Product Development Programs for the site.
- Support in Cost Saving & People Development Initiatives.
- Candidate Profile
- BE / BTech in Mechanical Engineering (Premier Engineering Institutes).
- Having 2-5 years of relevant work experience in FMCG Industry in driving Process Improvement Projects for Manufacturing.
- Willing to come in Shifts and extend beyond usual working hours of the factory.
- Able to make sound technical decisions and appetite to take risks.
- Good Communication & Overall Leadership Skills to develop her/his career in General Mills.
- Must be comfortable working in a matrixed organization.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.