Position – Technical Designer
Company – GEA Group
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.To prepare 3D models of Plants in AutoCAD Plant 3D, provide drawings and other technical support in the preparation/presentation of proposals and projects.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Work Independently and cooperatively with the team of engineers and technical staff in the Business Unit in the preparation of quotations and execution of projects as and when required.
- Should have high proficiency in reading P&ID’s and other related mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge about piping
- Knowledge of Hygienic design standards used in FMCG Industry will be added advantage.
- High proficiency in 3D software program preferably AutoCAD Plant 3D, Mechanical AutoCAD, knowledge of Autodesk Inventor will be added advantage etc.
- Preparation of MTO, BOM from P&ID, layout and detailed drawings from 3D model is expected.
- Develop the detailed design drawings and 3D model according to given sketches, P&ID’s, layout and specifications under the direction of engineering team.
- Participate in the review of plant, equipment and structures as required.
- Schedule and control own work flow to meet deadline commitments.
- Undertake control of drafting for small to medium sized projects as required
- Assist in the ongoing development of internal engineering systems.
- Standardization of design criteria by taking advantage of the knowledge collected through the different local design teams as well the worldwide GEA network.
- Define criteria and develop mechanical design: smart, aesthetic, simple, operational, functional, well organized, structured, clean, modern and cost competitive.
- Preserve and improve design knowledge and experience.
- Check prints by utilizing GEA checking procedures.
- Knowledge about working with Autodesk Vault or Vault PRO will be added advantage.
- Maintain appropriate records by filing drawings, project notes and specifications using the local regions filing procedures.
- Keep up to date on all new products, product changes and general processing trends.
- Prepare weekly timesheets and project reports.
- Assist in other parts of the Company’s business as required to ensure the overall effectiveness of the Company.
Your profile and qualifications:
- The selected candidate will work in a Global environment mostly working with the GEA offices located in foreign countries. High proficiency in the English language in both written and verbal communication is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work and communicate independently with Engineers/ designers located at foreign locations is required.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Must have knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D, Navisworks, Mechanical AutoCAD and Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor will be added advantage.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in using the Internet, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel).
- Experience with AutoCAD plant 3D, Navisworks and Mechanical AutoCAD will be mandatory
Qualification and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical engineering With minimum 2-5 years of experience in plant design.