Position – Designer
Company – GEA Group
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.Need to hire the position due to higher work load in LPT-India and High forecast for 2021.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Work cooperatively with the team of engineers and technical staff in the Business Unit in the preparation of quotations and execution of projects as and when required.
- Develop the mechanical design according to given sketches, P&ID’s, layout and specifications under the direction of engineering team.
- Create drawings from basic 2D up to complete 3D modelling required to complete a project; developing a layout of the system, components and parts; drawing multiple views of the system, components, and parts; depicting relationship of components and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances and materials. This includes design verification and validation.
- Participate in the review of plant, equipment and structures as required.
- Schedule and control own work flow to meet deadline commitments.
- Undertake control of drafting for small to medium sized projects as required
- Assist in the ongoing development of internal engineering systems.
- Standardization of design criteria by taking advantage of the knowledge collected through the different local APCs as well the worldwide GEA network.
- Define criteria and develop mechanical design: smart, aesthetic, simple, operational, functional, well organized, structured, clean, modern and cost competitive.
- Preserve and improve design knowledge and experience.
- Check prints by utilizing GEA checking procedures.
- Train/mentor new employees.
- Be on the forefront of 3D plant design using the latest proven software and hardware technologies, bringing the most modern GEA image possible to our clients, reducing costs, delivery time and risk associated to lack of definition.
- Work cooperatively with the Company administrative staff.
- High proficiency in 3D software program, preferable Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, etc. (Local regions define)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD mechanical and Autodesk Plant 3D
- Knowledge about working with Autodesk Vault or Vault PRO (Local regions define)
- Proficiency In piping 3D+2D
Your profile and qualifications:
- Maintain appropriate records by filing drawings, project notes and specifications using the local regions filing procedures.
- Keep up to date on all new products, product changes and general processing trends.
- Prepare weekly timesheets and project reports.
- Assist in other parts of the Company’s business as required to ensure the overall effectiveness of the Company.
- The Designer will be based in Vadodara Office.
- Extensive travel will be required, involving extended periods on sites throughout Vadodara location. Initially, the Designer will work within the Technical Design team to develop a knowledge and understanding of our internal administration systems and our approach to process engineering.
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering / ITI Mechanical Draftsman or other relevant disciplines are highly desirable
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in using the Internet, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel), MS Project preferred.Experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Plant 3D would be mandatory
- Background experience and processknowledge in the chemical, dairy, food or beverage industries would also be highly desirable, as would strong contacts in these industries which would arise from this exposure