Spread the love
Position – Engineer – Design
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
- GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
Selected Candidate shall be responsible for carrying out following Activities:
- Basic / Mechanical design.
- 3D Design & 2D Manufacturing Drawings
- 2D to 3D drawing conversion
- 2D / 3D Plant Layout and Piping Drawings.
- Obtaining Design inputs & evaluating the sufficiency of the same.
- Planning the overall work in line with the project schedule.
- Review of Drawings with Engineering-Manager for Approval.
- Obtaining an interdisciplinary review/approval.
- Checking of drawings & Bill of Materials.
- Release of Equipment Fabrication drawings & Bill of Materials for Fabrication.
- Release of Equipment GA drawings for Customer’s approval.
- Incorporation of Customer’s comments.
- Other Departmental activities / Other activities as required
Your profile and qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Years and Type of Experience
- 2 to 4 years of mechanical design experience using one or more of the following CAD software.
- PTC Creo Parametric (Mandatory – Advanced Level Skills)
- PTC Windchill (Mandatory – Basic / Advanced Level Skills)
- Autodesk AutoCAD (Mandatory – Advanced Level Skills)
- Autodesk Inventor including I-Logic (Optional – Basic Skills)
- Autodesk Vault (Optional – Basic Skills)
- Experience with design of stainless steel components of sheet metal or machined parts for the Food, Dairy, Chemical, and Pharma industry as some of the following examples: Skid, Shafts, Gear wheels, Blade / Impellers, Bearing housing, Mixers / Granulators, Dryers, Tanks, Silos, Evaporators.
Specific Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent user of CAD tools
- PLM/PDM Software
- Team player
- Understanding of P&IDs
- Hygienic Design (Pharmaceutical / Food – Industry)
- Attitude to learn new technology
- Stainless steel and/or plastic as a material
- Willing to work on multiple technologies
- Machine safety standards and applicable norms
- International Code and Standards (FDA, 3A, ANSI, DIN< ISO, USDA…)
- MS Office
- Language Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills are a must
Spread the love