Position – Tooling Method Engineer
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Tooling method engineer will take the responsibility on project to organize the synopsis task. It means he will be in charge to collect the information from site, COE, SI, in order to imagine the tools to do the erection and maintenance operation according to the relevant procedure.
Within the Hydromechanical and tooling Center of Excellence team in Vadodara, the tooling method engineer will be in charge of :
- Collecting the information from site / SI / logistics / COE to prepare the synopsis
- Imagining the erection and maintenance operation according to the procedure (done by site team) with the objective to use as much as possible standard tools and according to the EHS rules.
- Imagining with the help of COE tooling the concept design of specific tools
- Identifying the need of access on our machine
- Identifying the need of specific packing and specifying it
- Preparing the lashing drawing and the lashing calculation note
- Preparing the lifting drawing
- Pushing the synopsis BOM in the GE product life management system
- Following the synopsis associated budget and On Time Delivery
- Participating when required to the design review of the tool or of the piece itself, in order to make implemented the tooling requirement.
- Being the entry point for site team for any request of support
Coordinating the synopsis task with sub-contractor or technician
Identifying on market standard tools
Qualifications / Requirements
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Successful initial experience in design of lifting equipment and access platform or significant experience on site
- Knowledge of Hydro products, is a plus.
- Result oriented, drive efficiency in execution; shall be able to deliver the outcome on time & as per schedule requirement of projects.
- Shall be open minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross regional team of respective COEs. Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication.
- Good knowledge of CAO software like autocad, solidworks…
- Ability to work in team around labor standards;
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment;
- Ability to define his/her priorities, pro-activeness, sense of urgency;
- Rigorous analysis and action;
- Analytical mindset with problem solving attitude;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Team-player: positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs; be resilient
- Possible displacements abroad in order to follow support site team on specific topic, or to help to prepare synopsis (see the environment constraints…)
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About the Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.