ALSTOM is Hiring | Maintenance Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Engineer Plant Maintenance
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 8000 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world.www.alstom.com/India
NETWORK & LINKS:
- Depot Operations team
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled Depot equipment, utilities and infrastructure maintenance.
- Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes
- The day-to-day organization of the maintenance tasks during his shifts:
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service
- Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Identify spares requirements and log usage
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback to develop the system
- Log completion of work on all required maintenance management systems
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Understand electrical drawing and schematics and willingness to work overtime
- Adhere to PM schedule to ensure smooth operation of site
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out,
- Audit and ensure compliance of the ISO & EHS systems
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management .
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
Qualifications & Skills:
- B.tech degree in Mechanical (Regular Course).
- Excellent leadership and man management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in Plant maintenance (PREFERABLY 5-10 years).
- Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards and systems preferable.
- Hands on experience of Rolling Stock depot equipments.
- Hands on experience of Power and control system (Depot/Plant equipments).
- Experience of plant utility maintenance ( Air compressor, EOT cranes, Pump & Sump, STP,ETP)
- Experience of DG operation.
- Knowledge and work experience on TPM system.
- Experience of work permit like LOTO and Work at height .
- Preparation of SOP, HIRA and LOTO instructions.
- Experience of computer ( MS office )
EXPERIENCE / SKILL SET
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language & Hindi.
- IT Skills: MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
AIR (Agile, Inclusive & Responsible) VALUES BEHAVIOUR:
- Adapt to a changing environment by showing a pro-active and positive approach
- Actively listen to people, encouraging feedback and sharing experiences
- Make things simple
- Be curious and have an appetite for learning
- Work as a team and avoid silos
- Show respect for others’ individuality and cultural identity
- Learn from your mistakes and implement corrective actions
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Supply, Facilities, Finance, Operations, Research