Position – Services Operability Engineer
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
The Services Engineering team is responsible for the overall system engineering of projects related to the Repower, PowerUp and Upgrades of wind turbines. This global engineering role supports design, implementation, & validation of dynamic and operational control systems that meet product needs. You will optimize turbine performance, operability and controls related to the turbine operational loading, system response and interoperability requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the Services Loads and Operability engineer you will:
- Develop and optimize control algorithms and define parameters that increase turbine performance, lower mechanical loading, and at the same time allow the turbine to run with high availability and reliability
- Implement control algorithms and parameters in the simulation environment and turbine control system according to product requirements.
- Investigate and analyze complex controls and turbine dynamics issues occurring in the fleet of installed turbines. Develop and implement corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the Loads and Systems teams to analyze the impact of the operability strategy on the mechanical loads of the turbine in simulation and through the evaluation of measurement data.
- Provide wind turbine operability expertise through all phases of product development from requirements definition through design and development, validation and product life-cycle support.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data using reports, records, and letters.
- Support innovation for Wind turbine Service NPI solutions that improve customer value.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls or related Engineering discipline
- Strong technical background with a physics based approach to understanding & solving technical problems
- Working knowledge & experience in wind or other power controls systems.
- Technical strength in problem identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and calibration tools used in Wind Turbine Control System development.
- Experience with loads and controls simulation of Wind Turbines.
- Ability to implement control algorithms in the Bachmann environment.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as C or Delphi.
- Strong Multi-Tasking capability.
- Proactive and open approach to learning and expanding role-scope.
- Effective communication skills – verbal, written, and creating/developing and delivering presentations.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the “global” organization and external customers.
- Proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability & willingness to travel domestic and international.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Prior Services / fleet experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About the Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.