Position – Design/Project Engineer – Mechanical (PM-Customer Centre)
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To act as main coordination link between Customer, Consultant, Factory, Supplier & Customer Centres. He/she will be one point contact to customer.
- To manage orders, achieving client satisfaction in terms of delivery and technical requirements.
- To monitor the overall progress of projects against schedule and milestones reporting to management, as well as providing early warning of potential slippage, in case of the latter.
- To keep management well informed on the high level aspects of project execution.
- Maintain detailed project files and applicable records in common server & Project Management System software.
- Follow-up with supplier & factory for manufacturing status. Provide the monthly progress status in the customer/ AC format to the customer.
- To be responsible for proper review and processing of variations and claims received from customer and factory.
- Travel to customer premises or sub-vendor locations as required to ensure smooth execution of project.
- Lead, organize and coordinate the assigned project work during all project phases.
- To manage budget, procurement and schedules for various projects.
- Provide approved documents along with manufacturing schedule based on the commercial situation, inventory & time frame to the factory & supplier.
- To propose remedial actions when needed so that the contract completion data for the work is not jeopardized.
- Coordination of the inspection activity with factory, supplier, customer & TPI (Third party inspection agency)
- Participate in Site Acceptance Test (SAT) & Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) along with client at factory and vendors premises. Provide compliance to customer/ inspection agency on non-conformance & obtain Inspection release note required to dispatch the material.
- Site visit to ensure the actual installation in line with the technical documents/drawings.
- Ensure proper detailed information exchanged with aftermarket team and coordinate when required to ensure safe and smooth start-up and comissioning.
What you can expect from us?
- Pro-active, positive team player with good interpersonal skills, strong in communication and people oriented who thrives on working in a dynamic, complex and multicultural business environment.
- Be able to adapt in a new environment
- Self-motivated, independent, flexible, well organized and methodical.
- Accurate and diligent with an awareness to speed up execution within a pressurized environment.
- Customer oriented: to be able to establish relations and networks with people inside and outside the organization.
- Result driven: have a drive for results which means that you put in the ambition and the effort to achieve results and accept accountability.
- Willingness to travel within the region and internationally.
- Have a customer centric mindset.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with solutions to exceptional problems outside the box.
- This position is a key interface between customer and company, we are looking for a person with strong personality who can be an active driver.
What we expect of you?
3 to 6 years’ experience in project management/engineering preferably in Rotating Machinery Background
- University degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- Fluent in English
- Sound knowledge and experience on Screw & centrifugal compressors.
- Sound Knowledge of Electrical Equipment drawings (VFD, Control Panel, Distribution Board, Cabling etc) & Instrumentation & Control drawings/documents (PLC, Field instruments, UPS, Communications between Equipment to PLC/DCS, I/O list, JB, cable schedules etc)
- Good Command (Verbal & Written) of English is must.
- Able to read & understand P&ID, GA, Layouts, Installation, System architect etc
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS office.
- Strong Technical & commercial knowledge of Engineered rotatory equipment
- Able to work under pressure & plan & organize effectively with the right sense of urgency
- Able to work on multiple projects by giving due importance to each project
- Working knowledge of ASME/API/TEMA/IEC/IS/DIN/ ATEX/CCOE and other international Codes
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Knowledge of pressure vessels and heat exchanger is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Vacuum pump is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Projects is desired
City – Pune
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.