Position – Field Service Technician
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Field Service Technician position is a key part of the GE Wind Energy team and plays an essential role in the growth of wind energy services to support operation and maintenance services with our customers in the region.
- Hands on experience to fulfill all assigned duties for operation and maintenance of wind turbines for customer owned wind farms in the region.
- Hands on experience on High/Medium/Low Voltage AC/DC system testing, Operation and Maintenance, troubleshooting & repair
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service solutions including Operations /SCADA, maintenance, troubleshooting and service of wind energy products.
- Proactively plan and effectively execute all preventive/predictive maintenance activities required for wind turbines.
- Peform duties to support wind energy projects as required.
- Complete all necessary technical and business documentation on time and accurate.
- Maintain and provide accurate information of the turbine operation of the project.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- No fear to work at heights for O&M activities.
- Diploma Engineering or ITI– Electrical, Electronics or Power Electronics or Mechanical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- With 2-5 years of work experience in Power plant industry with Min 2 years Wind turbine field service or project experience
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Customer Service mindset.
- Ability / Willingness to travel domestic and International
Team Player and boundaryless
- Knowledge in ISO requirements
- Computer skill basics in Microsoft Office
- Ready to serve, as requested by Site Lead / Field Engineer
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous Experience in Wind Turbine Operation and Maintenance
- Travel to Remote sites within India required on a frequent and many times extended basis.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No