Position – Pitch Bearing Modelling and Analysis
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
GE is looking for an experienced engineer guide in high fidelity modeling and analysis for Pitch Bearings of Wind Turbine Generators.
Successful applicant will be a part of the Hub Subsystem Team in the Wind Engineering Organization. The role has a heavy focus on slewing ring bearing modeling and analysis, but will include responsibility for design, supplier, qualification, and testing of hardware within the entire hub subsystem.
- Captain FEA projects pertaining to new products, technology, processes and/or field issues with a heavy focus on quality, and reliability.
- Help to facilitate digital transition to wind turbine component design as it pertains to system / component analysis
- Perform FEA of components focus on slewing ring bearings but may include other structures, brackets, access ladders, hatch covers, safety tie offs, shipping fixtures, bolted joints, hub castings, or pitch gearbox.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams during the product life cycle including drawings, BoM, specifications check, cost reduction including supplier collaboration and qualification which may also include travel as required
- Execute tasks within a cross-functional teams, including but not limited to other sub-system engineers, quality, manufacturing, sourcing, planning, field support and other
- Utilize FEA expertise with other tools such as field data to optimize analysis methodology across tthey subsystem to optimize productivity and accuracy
- Communicate clearly to design team stakeholders, effectively documenting and presenting results
- Champion improved analysis methods for components to enhance robustness of designs again with a heavy focus on slewing ring bearings
- Build certification documents for components
- Improve design practice rules and documentation for continuous improvement of the Hub Subsystem team.
- Work to develop and execute the necessary tests to validate and prove robustness of Finite Element methods.
- Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4 yrs. of experience with slewing ring bearing analysis
- Experience in analytical tool development, validation and implementation with specific focus on Ansys
- Hands on experience with Wind turbine component analysis
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Wind Turbine system design, analysis and development experience
- Demonstrated strong mechanical design fundamentals
- Experience with design, analysis, validation of wind turbine mechanical components,
- Experience on power generation products
- Exposure to Product Life Cycle Management processes & tools, hardware ownership
- Experience with NX design software.
Note:GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No