GE Renewable Energy is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Mechanical components
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
The Mechanical engineer in Generator COE will be responsible for the technical execution for projects or program in term of quality, cost, safety and reliability. He / she will be responsible for timely completion of milestones & key deliverables of his project in terms of quality, safety & reliability. He / She will work with coordination of Lead engineers, system integrators & engineers in interfacing COE & function for execution of the project.
He shall have good experience in design of large hydro projects preferably some experience in hydro generator domain . He shall work with Lead engineer to resolve any technical issue during execution of project with interfacing functions & site crew.
- Responsible to deliver design, drawing and BOMs as per project schedule & budget limits with right level of quality
- Responsible for timely execution of projects & his key deliverables, First pass yield , Validation of design through lead engineers & Consulting.
- Understands Reliability / Safety / Cost ,
- Respects GE Global Engineering technical know-how rules. (Technology, Quality, TRS…) .
- Will work closely with supply chain & other functions & interfacing CoEs and Regions
- open mind, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort to maintain healthy group dynamics.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor / Advanced degree in engineering
- Experience in design & detail engineering with checking & validation skills
- Experience & knowledge in one or several Hydro products / components/ Systems preferably in Generator.
- Shall be open minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross regional team of respective COEs
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication. Knowledge of other languages preferable however not mandatory
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with functions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills; strong communicator … ability to translate insights into clear strategic recommendations;
- Strong cost, safety and reliability culture
- Ability to work in team around labor standards
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player … positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.