Position – Engineer – Thermal management
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking.
- Understanding the Inverter heat losses and thermal management requirements.
- Design and take ownership of components and sub-assemblies involved in the cooling architecture.
- Interact with other discipline stakeholders and cross functional teams to understand and implement their requirements while meeting the prescribed standards.
- Develop self technical expertise and within the team for faster execution.
- Participate in testing to validate the product as required and prepare technical reports of the same.
- Must be willing to work on new product development and system component design involving multiple design iterations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Engineering in similar/relevant field.
- Strong understanding of Heat Transfer mechanisms and Fluid Mechanics.
- Hands on experience with the design, operation and maintenance of heat exchangers, preferably in the electronics and electrical cabinet cooling.
- Good working knowledge on usage of Ansys Mesher and Ansys FLUENT or similar tools.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Process focus and continuous improvement orientation.
- 2+ years’ experience working on Electrical and Electronics cooling.
- Working knowledge of phase change cooling, Thermosyphons.
- The ability to break down problems and focusing on influencing parameters.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience in working in cross-functional environment.
- Having working level knowledge of Solar, renewables.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About the Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.