Position – Engineer – Valve Design
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
Valve design Engineer in Center of Excellence (COE) is responsible for execution of complete project as a Main Project Engineer of Valve design with support of team & would be responsible for key deliverables & timely execution of projects. He/She will work with Principal engineers & Consulting engineers on different technical topics & validation of project design under his/her responsibilities.
Engineer – Valve Design, shall have good experience in design of hydro projects with good technical know-how on hydro Valve design domain. He/She shall be able to resolve any technical issue during project execution with interfacing functions, COEs & site teams.
He/She will be responsible for leading key technical assignment & programs beside Execution of projects. He/She shall utilize his/her expertise & experience to solve problems, develop & execute objectives for self-focusing on short & long-term business goals.
Roles and Responsibilities :
Understand the specification of the project, product, customer requirements, Valve design & its operating parameters and operating sequences of Hydro power plant.
- Lead and co-ordinate various design activities of Valve in a project, managing interfaces with other functions – perform role of Main Project Engineer – Valve.
- Perform Basic Design and calculations for Valve & its operating system, Upstream pipe, downstream pipe, dismantling joint & its auxiliary systems such as by-pass line, penstock drain line, body drain line, air valve etc.
- Prepare technical specifications and related drawings specifying design requirements
- Manage and execute work-packages with Product definition team
- Providing answers to customers queries on Valve COE’s scope of supply including customer’s queries on Valve technology.
- Support to Supply chain during execution phase (Manufacturing, sourcing, Valve shop testing etc.)
- Support to Construction & Commissioning team during site erection and commissioning.
- Execute with required Quality, within budget and specified lead time.
Measurement of Performance :
- On time delivery, Quality, Engineering hours
Educational Requirements :
- Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering or above
Experience / Knowledge :
- At least 3 years in design of Hydro Valve’s or Hydro Turbine.
- Experienced in understanding engineering requirements of Hydro Valves.
- Applied knowledge of Mechanical engineering, and knowledge of International standards (ASME, ASTM, EN etc.)
- Experienced in Mechanical calculation.
- Experienced in Design & Engineering Processes.
- Good level in “MS Office” Applications.
- User Level – PLM (Enovia)
- Experienced in 3D CAD System preferably UG NX
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with different functions
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player: Positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.