Position – Engineer – Tooling
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
The Tooling Project Engineer will join the Tooling team within the Engineering department, who is responsible for technical studies and design of tools for transportation and erection of main pieces of equipment constituting a hydropower plant (embedded parts, turbine, generator, valves, and hydromechanical).
He/She will be specifically in charge of project execution for already awarded projects in the Asian region, with a focus but not limited to Turbine sub-components.
- For a given project in execution, he/she will perform the design of the tools according to the CoE’s Design Practices and with the validation of the tooling principal engineer
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience in mechanical design of hydromechanical parts
- Experience in the design of lifting equipment and access platform or significant experience on site
- Good knowledge of CAD software NX or SolidWorks
- Excellent written & verbal English skills for international communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills, and a positive energy
- Knowledge of Hydropower Plant products
- Team-player: positive & engaged contributor to the team, willing to learn & adapt to business needs; be resilient
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.