Position – Pitch Bearing Design Engineer / Fleet Monitoring
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Support component design lifecycle of pitch bearings and bolted joints in the hub subsystem team.
- Create sub-component models of bearings, including cages, balls, etc.
- Complete Finite Element Modeling of pitch bearings and defend results at Chief Engineer reviews.
- Author technical specifications and produce detailed drawings of parts for manufacturing. Support sourcing qualifications and supplier quality assessments.
- Interface with external suppliers and sourcing to develop design cycles that meet wind turbine new product introduction delivery targets.
- Drive should-cost assessments and lead cost optimization efforts with bearing suppliers to meet component cost targets.
- Resolve field issues and provide technical support to product service engineers.
- Develop and drive tests to validate component capability and reliability.
- Guide continuous improvement on analytical tools relative to pitch bearing capability and cost optimization.
- Communicate design details and technical recommendations to senior leadership.
- Assess field data to improve operability and reliability of pitch bearings.
- Complete post mortems of pitch bearings and drive improvements through the design process.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Significant wind turbine bearing design experience, and/or slewing ring bearing design and manufacturing experience.
- Deep domain knowledge of bearing design and analysis.
- Experience in metallurgy and tribology.
- Experience in lab inspections and non-destructive testing.
- Expert knowledge of ANSYS or other finite element analysis tools.
- Fluency with technical drawing and GD&T.
- Experience with 3D-CAD tools such as UG.
- Experience in renewable energy or power generation technology.
- Experience translating product and system requirements to component-level technical requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with drive towards technical excellence.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment.
- Proven track record of technical project leadership.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes