Position – Operations Planner
Company – GE Power
Location – Sanand, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
As a member of the Manufacturing team, you will be responsible for operations planning and execution for the manufacturing of Turbines and generators focused on the execution of project activities within a technical discipline. Plan and schedule material/production needs to meet delivery within time, quality, and Cost. Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and within departments) according to production schedules.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operation Planning based on Project requirements on the details of the turbine (quality, cost, and delivery).
- Manage master planning, and material processes, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs. Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Daily updation of activities in the schedule to know the status & ensure bottleneck.
- Schedule review with CFT and raise the flag on time for bottlenecks to ensure proper mitigation.
- Capacity planning for work center & backlog projects as well as upcoming projects.
- Ensure material availability in coordination with incoming QA, Stores/Purchase Team.
- Decision on Make and buy strategy based on capacity planning.
- Issuance of Production orders for Manufacturing of in-house components & coordination for sub-contracting activities.
- DMS dashboard to be prepared and circulated based on KPI & shop objectives.
- Hours tracking and communication to shop to achieve the shop recovery targets.
- Closed coordination with the Warehouse team for material issuance, stock generation & communication material consumption plan.
- May steer small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
- Take initiatives & propose cost reductions, Lead-time reductions, lean, etc.
- 0-3 years of experience in the Manufacturing industry.
- The knowledge level is comparable to a bachelor’s degree (Mechanical) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Knowledge/Experience of ERP – SAP.
- Conversant with Lean Manufacturing.
- Basic knowledge in usage of MS Office Tools like MS Project, MS Excel, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Steam turbines (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of BOMs and product structure
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes