Position – Engineer 2 – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Power Portfolio
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
- Product Design/Requisition Engineering of Drives products – Mechanical
- Activities contributing to the design and development of LV/MV VFD
Products/Projects and eHouse
- Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components
- Accountable for the quality of own work.
- Executes within a well-defined operations framework.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Concept and Basic Mechanical design – Packaging of Electrical /Electronics components & Analysis – NPI / Localization
- May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
- Execute detail engineering and Validation of design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Required QualificationsBachelors/Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/CAD design ) Preferred with relevant experience (0-7 yrs)
Proficient in CAD (CREO )/ Ansys / PLM (Team center) tools
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrate to work independently within and between teams and as an individual.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment.
- Ability to energize teams and perceive change as an opportunity
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Inclusion & Diversity
At GE Power Conversion, our systems help electrify the world and reduce energy consumption. We are committed to building a more sustainable world for everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive employer, focused on creating a work environment where diversity is encouraged. Join us to see what we can achieve together.
About GE Power Conversion
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world’s energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com